A competition open to all members of the Honda Owners Club
Earn points by attending selected events
- The annual Saddle Sore Competition is open to all paid-up members of the Honda Owners Club (GB), attending an eligible event on a motorcycle or scooter. It is also open to pillions, who can enter in their own right. The Saddle Sore Shield is awarded every year at the AGM.
- The competition runs annually from the 1st of October through to the 30th of September of the following year.
- All events attended must be identified by an entry in the Entry Form and signed by the event organiser or co-ordinator.
- Download your Entry Form here: Saddle Sore Entry Form (PDF)
- On attending an event, there is no requirement for a competitor to remain for the full duration of the event.
- Completed event logs must be received by the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator, by midnight on 30th September each year – any entries received after this time will not be valid.
- The winner will be member scoring the most points in each category. In the event of a draw, the prize for that category will be shared.
- Mileage will be calculated, by the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator, from the entrants home post code to the post code of the event. It is therefore essential that the event post code is added on the Event Log. Entries without either of these post codes will not be calculated.
- Qualifying events are sent to Branch Secretaries and advertised in Golden Wing, on the HOC web site and social media.
Take a selfie in front of, or at, the destination and then post it on the Honda Owners Club Facebook page or e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the bonus destinations to be validated they will need to be followed by a Saddle Sore Entry form by the 30th September each year. The bonus destinations can be visited at any time over the period of the competition and will be judged on the same criteria as all Saddle Sore events. We’re planning on adding more to this list so keep checking back!
- Commando Memorial, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EG
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes, MK3 6EB
- Mount Wise Observation Tower, Plymouth, PL1 4QE
- Bovington Tank Museum, Wareham, BH20 6JG
- Norfolk Tank Museum, Foncett St. Peter, NR16 1HZ
- RAF Valley, Anglesey, LL65 3NY
- Welsh War Memorial, Cardiff, CF10 3NS
- RAF Defford Museum, Worcester, WR8 9DW
- National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire, DE13 7AR
- RAF Duxford, Cambridge, CB22 4QR
- Edinburgh Airport Spitfire, Edinburgh Airport
- Light House, Duncansby Head, KW1 4YS
- Dover Castle, Dover, CT16 1HU
- Eden Camp, Malton, YO17 6RT
- International Bomber Command, Lincoln, LN4 2HQ
- Angel of the North, Gateshead, NE9 7TY
- Fort Nelson, Fareham, PO17 6AN
- Clumber Park (Nellie prototype tank) Main Entrance, Worksop, S80 3AZ
- Runnymede Airforce Memorial, Egham, TW20 0LB
- Mach Loop (weekdays best), Dolgellau, LL40 2SH
- RAF Memorial, Shap
- 96th Bomber Group Memorial (USAF), Snetterton, Harling Road
The decision of the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator is final in all matters regarding the competition.
Points will be awarded as follows:
Engine size 500cc and under
- 110 points per event
- 1 point per mile
Engine size over 500cc
- 100 points per event
- 1 point per mile
Send your entry to: Stephen Davenport, Saddle Sore Competition, 27 Welbeck Avenue, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9PD, e-mail: email@example.com
Entries must be received by 30th September!