A competition open to all members of the Honda Owners Club
Earn points by attending selected events
- The annual Saddle Sore Competition is open to all paid-up members of the Honda Owners Club (GB), attending an eligible event on a motorcycle or scooter. It is also open to pillions, who can enter in their own right. The Saddle Sore Shield is awarded every year at the AGM.
- The competition runs annually from the 1st of October through to the 30th of September of the following year.
- All events attended must be identified by an entry in the Entry Form and signed by the event organiser or co-ordinator.
- Download your Entry Form here: Saddle Sore Entry Form (PDF)
- On attending an event, there is no requirement for a competitor to remain for the full duration of the event.
- Completed event logs must be received by the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator, by midnight on 30th September each year – any entries received after this time will not be valid.
- The winner will be member scoring the most points in each category. In the event of a draw, the prize for that category will be shared.
- Mileage will be calculated, by the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator, from the entrants home post code to the post code of the event. It is therefore essential that the event post code is added on the Event Log. Entries without either of these post codes will not be calculated.
- Qualifying events are sent to Branch Secretaries and advertised in Golden Wing, on the HOC web site and social media.
Take a selfie in front of, or at, the destination and then post it on the Honda Owners Club Facebook page or e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the bonus destinations to be validated they will need to be followed by a Saddle Sore Entry form by the 30th September each year. The bonus destinations can be visited at any time over the period of the competition and will be judged on the same criteria as all Saddle Sore events. We may add more to this list so keep checking back!
- Halladale Inn, KW14 7YJ
- Willow Bank Fishery Cafe, AB53 8JU
- Lochaline Snack Bar, PA80 5XR
- Cafe Maelmim, NE71 6JD
- Cafe Melbourne, KA21 5DS
- Cafe 91, Lockerbie, DG11 2DA
- Barringtons, NE22 7AH
- No3 Coffee Bar & Grill, DL12 8EQ
- Crosby Cake Cupboard, LA20 6DY
- The Shore, Pier Graf Centre, KA27 8PS (200 bonus points!)
- Ernie B’s Biker Cafe, YO43 4ED
- Buffet Coach Cafe, Betws-y-Coed, LL24 0AL
- Castle Cafe, Withernsea, HU19 2JS
- Amici Coffee, SG19 1NA
- Dale End Cafe, TF8 7DS
- Jesters Diner & Cafe, NR32 2QB
- The Owl’s Nest, SA20 0DJ
- Terry’s Chip Bar, GL15 6PW
- Artyard Cafe, OX7 4NG
- Cafe 53, EX2 8RG
- The Station House, Marazion, TR17 0DA
- Dinky Diner Cafe, SP4 0EG
- The Ship Inn, Langstone, PO9 1RD
- Beryl’s Cafe, TN31 7PA
- Peter’s Fish Factory Cafe, CT11 8LP
- Balmoral Castle, AB35 5TB
- Windsor Castle, SL4 1NJ
The decision of the Saddle Sore Co-ordinator is final in all matters regarding the competition.
Points will be awarded as follows:
Engine size 500cc and under
- 110 points per event
- 1 point per mile
Engine size over 500cc
- 100 points per event
- 1 point per mile
Send your entry to: Stephen Davenport, Saddle Sore Competition, 27 Welbeck Avenue, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9PD, e-mail: email@example.com
Entries must be received by 30th September each year!