So what is the Saddle Sore and why bother joining up to the Competition? Well if you come in the top 3 places after the event is over for the year, you will receive a prize. And the winner receives not only a prize, but also a trophy to show off to their mates. It is not only available to the Riders, but also for Pillions, who have their own Competition, prizes and trophy.
Every HOC Rally (branch or National), any HOC attended show/event (if we have a gazebo), Motorcycle Live, AGM etc counts as a Saddle sore destination. We also have Bonus destinations each year to add to your points tally. This year’s theme is Military as per list below.
- Commando Memorial, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EG
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes, MK3 6EB
- Mount Wise Observation Tower, Plymouth, PL1 4QE
- Bovington Tank Museum, Wareham, BH20 6JG
- Norfolk Tank Museum, Foncett St. Peter, NR16 1HZ
- RAF Valley, Anglesey, LL65 3NY
- Welsh War Memorial, Cardiff, CF10 3NS
- RAF Defford Museum, Worcester, WR8 9DW
- National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire, DE13 7AR
- RAF Duxford, Cambridge, CB22 4QR
- Edinburgh Airport Spitfire, Edinburgh Airport
- Light House, Duncansby Head, KW1 4YS
- Dover Castle, Dover, CT16 1HU
- Eden Camp, Malton, YO17 6RT
- International Bomber Command, Lincoln, LN4 2HQ
- Angel of the North, Gateshead, NE9 7TY
- Fort Nelson, Fareham, PO17 6AN
- Clumber Park (Nellie prototype tank) Main Entrance, Worksop, S80 3AZ
- Runnymede Airforce Memorial, Egham, TW20 0LB
- Mach Loop (weekdays best), Dolgellau, LL40 2SH
- RAF Memorial, Shap
- 96th Bomber Group Memorial (USAF), Snetterton, Harling Road
So what more excuse do you need to get your babies out of the garage and get some miles under your belts and see some of the amazing scenery, roads and places of interest there is on offer on this beautiful island we call home.
This is last year’s winner Paul Collins of the Manchester Branch receiving his trophy.
PLEASE NOTE THIS COMPETITION IS ONLY OPEN TO FULLY PAID UP MEMBERS OF THE HOC